Assessment practices in LEO should comply with the ACU assessment policy and assessment procedures.
Implications for practice
- Assessment tasks should be designed in accordance with the ACU principles of assessment. ACU Assessment Policy.
- Sufficient evidence should be collected, using a variety of assessment tasks, in order to make informed judgments about student achievement of the unit learning outcomes and acquisition of graduate attributes.
- Assessment tasks should be assessed solely on student achievement of academic and/or professional standards and use criterion-referenced assessment.
- Assessment practices should address the mission of the university with regards to diversity, social justice, equity and inclusiveness so as not to disadvantage any student.
- The design of assessment tasks should consider the workloads of students and staff and comply with the guidelines on student workloads and workloads for academic staff - policies and procedures. Assessments are submitted and marked online (unless exception approved by Head of school or equivalent) in accordance with the checklist for the Minimum Use of LEO.
- Assessment results and feedback are given online (unless exception approved by Head of school or equivalent) in accordance with the checklist for the Minimum Use of LEO.
Check the assessment policies in the latest Handbook
ACU students assessments guide You will need to log in to access this page.