You can use the External link tool in LEO, you can add a link to your unit in the Active Learning Platform (ALP). Note: ALP is part of the Echo360 system, and uses the "Echo360 Lecture Capture" option in the External Link activity as explained below.
Add the External tool activity to the unit
- Log in to LEO and navigate to your unit.
- Click the ‘Turn editing on’ button.
- Find the section where you want to add the recordings link and click 'Add an activity or resource'.
- Select the ‘External tool' activity (see image right) then click 'Add'.
Customise the External tool settings
- Enter an Activity name for your link, for example, “Lecture Recordings” or "Classes".
- From the Preconfigured tool dropdown list, choose ‘Echo360 Lecture Capture’:
Under the Privacy section of the settings, uncheck the ‘Accept grades from this tool’ checkbox (doing this will prevent the activity from appearing in Grades).
- Click the ‘Save and return to unit’ button.
You will be returned to the unit home page, where your new link now will be accessible.
Link to your unit
These last steps involve activating your new External Tool activity so that it opens your unit home page in Echo360. If you cannot find your unit in the system, or you cannot access the system at all, please request assistance through Service Central.
- Click the link you created. Echo360 will open in a new window.
- Choose the unit to link to by:
- Selecting your unit from the Course dropdown box (use the ‘Search’ option inside the dropdown to search by unit code).
- Selecting a teaching term from the Term dropdown box (e.g. Semester2_2018).
- Selecting a student cohort from the Section dropdown box (there may be one or several options here, depending on which campuses this unit is delivered):
- When you have successfully chosen a Course, Term, and Section from the dropdown boxes, click the ‘Link to the section home’ button to select it.