- Begin by creating an Assignment, filling out the necessary fields.
- Expand the Grade field, and under ‘Grading method’ select ‘Rubric’
Note on Maximum grade: whatever number you have in your rubrics, that the total the student receives will be recalculated to be a proportion of that maximum grade. (Eg. Maximum grade is 50, and rubric is 20%+10%+70%, and student gets 66% on rubric, this would mean they get a mark of 33 out of 50.)
- Click on ‘Save and Display’ this will open an Advanced Grading page:
There are now two options:
- Define a new grading form from scratch – this is where you create a new rubric
- Create a new grading form from a template – this is where you can use an existing rubric to save time
- For this example, we’ll create a new rubric from scratch. Selecting this option opens the Rubric Creation Page.
You are ready to create your rubric. See the Creating a Rubric tab.