There are three steps required to adding a YouTube video to your LEO unit via an HTML Block. These steps are:
- Locate the 'embed' code for the YouTube video you want to have in your LEO unit
- Add an HTML block to your LEO unit
- Copy and paste the 'embed' code into the HTML block
Step 1: Finding the 'embed' code for your YouTube video
To find the embed video for your YouTube video you will need to:
- Locate the YouTube video you would like to make available to your students via the HTML block. An example might be this video 'Welcome to Australian Catholic University for Undergraduate students'.
- Click on the 'Share' button, then click on 'Embed'.
- Click on 'SHOW MORE'. From here, you can select the appropriate settings. The settings you select at this step will alter the 'embed' code in the field above. When you are happy with your selections, 'copy' the embed code. You will need this later to 'paste' into your HTML Block in LEO.
Step 2: Adding a HTML Block to your LEO unit
To add a HTML Block to your LEO unit, please follow the steps in 'How to add a Block to your LEO unit'. Select 'HTML' from the options provided.
Step 3: Copy and paste the 'embed' code (widget) into the 'Content' field of your HTML Block
After you have added the HTML Block to your LEO unit, you will be directed to the 'Configuring a (new HTML block) block' page. On this page you can give your Block a title, and populate it with content.
From the 'Configuring a (new HTML block) block' page you now need to:
- Click on the 'Toolbar toggle' icon. This is the icon at the top right side of the 'Content' field. Clicking on this icon will make all of the editing options for the HTML block available to you.
- Click on the 'Edit HTML source' icon. It is located next to 'Font size' on the botton row of icons, and looks like this: < >
- Clicking on the 'Edit HTML source' icon will open a new pop-up window called the 'HTML source editor'. Simply copy and paste the embed code from your YouTube video into this pop-up window. Click 'Update' once you are done. Clicking on 'Update' will close the pop-up window.
- Click 'Save changes' when you are done.