How to add an Echo360 video to your LEO unit
Using the Add Echo360 Media button in the Text Editor, you can your existing Echo360 videos in your LEO units in an embedded video player or as a text link.
- Navigate to your unit in LEO.
- Edit the settings for the activity where you want the video to appear.
- In the text editor, position your cursor where you want the video to appear, then click the Add Echo360 Media button:
- By default, you should see your existing videos under the Choose From My Home tab. Find the video you wish to add by scrolling down the list or using the Search box, then click the listing for the video
- A selection of options will appear:
- To embed the video in the page, click the Insert button (you may first also customise the size, autoplay and start options if you wish).
- To add a text link to the video, first click the Link toggle button, then click the Insert button.
- Click the Save and display or Save and return to unit button to save your changes.
Note: when adding videos, whether they are text links or embedded in the page, the video will appear only as a text link in the LEO text editor. Embedded videos will load the player instead when viewed by users.
This button also allows you to upload new videos or create new videos, upload and link to them, all at the same time. For more information please see:
How to make a link in Echo360 to a video
When you log into Echo360 directly, you can create links to your videos to use in your units or for sharing in other ways. Once your video has been uploaded to your Echo360 library, you can make a link to the video, which you can then use to add a text link or to embed the video in a web page.
- Log into Echo360.org.au
- Find the video in your library that you wish to link to by browsing all videos, or use the Search or Filter functions on this page.
- Mouse over the video thumbnail and click the blue square icon that appears, then click the Share button in the pop-up menu:
- The Share Settings panel will appear. Click on the Links tab, then click the Add Link button.
- Click the Copy button to copy the direct web link or click the Embed button to copy the embed code to use in your LEO unit (see more information below).
- Click the Done button to close the Share Settings panel.
Note the Public Access option. If you do not want your video visible to anyone outside ACU, click this button to make the video not publicly accessible (meaning it will require users to log in using their ACU details in order to view the video).