Several tools that you can use in your LEO units utilise the External Tool activity to connect to these systems. The tool is sometimes referred to as an LTI link (LTI is an acronym of "learning tools interoperability"). The External Tool creates a text link in your unit that then allows users to access the chosen tool interface.
How to add an External Tool activity
- Navigate to your unit in LEO and click the Turn editing on button.
- In the section where you wish to add the activity, click the Add and activity or resource link.
- From the activity chooser window, select External Tool and click the Add button.
- Select the required tool from the Preconfigured Tools dropdown box (see information below).
- Modify any additional settings on this page that you wish, then click the Save and return to unit button to save your changes.
When users select this link in your unit, it should launch the interface for that tool, either embedded in LEO or in a new window. You can change how this link is opened by clicking the Show more... link below the Preconfigured Tool dropdown box, then choose an option from the Launch Container setting.
The Preconfigured Tool options
Adobe Connect - create online classrooms for teaching:
Echo360 - link to automatically recorded lectures and streaming media:
Reading List (Leganto) - create reading lists for your unit:
H5P - dynamic content and activities for your units:
Unitpulse - run ongoing unit evaluation:
24/7 On-demand Support - assignment support for students:
ProctorU - run proctored exams through LEO:
WileyPLUS and Cengage Learning Mindlinks: