H5P enables you to create and add dynamic content to your units, such as interactive videos, presentations, games, quizzes and more.
You can use the H5P activity type to add a link to content you create in H5P. This can be content you've made previously, or you can create new content when adding a link using the method describe below.
View the video above How to add a H5P activity to a LEO unit on Echo360
How to add a H5P activity to your LEO unit
- Navigate to your unit in LEO and click the Turn editing on button.
- In the section where you want to add content, click the Add an activity or resource link.
- Choose the H5P activity:
- Click the Select Content button (the activity name will be taken from the content item that you select):
- Choose the content you wish to link to:
- If you have existing H5P content that you wish to use:
- Find the content in your My Content list and click the Insert button:
- If you want to create new H5P content for this activity:
- Click the Add Content button
- Choose a content type from the list of available options
- Customise the settings and options for the new H5P content
- Click the Save and Insert button.
- After inserting your content, the popup window will close and you will be returned to the activity settings page. Modify any additional settings required, then click the Save and return to unit button.
Your new H5P activity will now be available as a link in your LEO unit.
Note: you can only add a piece of H5P content once in your unit, however you can add multiple H5P activities to link to several different pieces of content.
How to embed H5P content
You can embed a H5P activity inside LEO content using the Text Editor, such as in a Page, Book, Lesson or Label.
To embed the content you need to make it public – this is not as scary as it sounds as all the ACU H5P content is restricted so that it only appears on ACU domains such as leo.acu.edu.au.
Follow the instructions above for How to add H5P content to your unit, but in step 5, instead of Insert:
- Access the Publishing Content menu by clicking on the publish icon or selecting Publish from the drop down menu accessed by clicking on the three dots at the right of the H5P content.
- In the Publishing content screen:
- Choose Public – this gives you the option of sharing via link or choosing embed.
- Choose Embed.
- Click inside the embed code box which will copy the HTML code.
- Go to the label/book/page/lesson activity where you wish to embed the H5P content, using the HTML editing option in the LEO Text Editor, paste the embed code.