Important notice: Kaltura service will be retired in 2021. We now recommend using Echo360 instead. For more information please see LEO Guides: Transitioning from Kaltura to Echo360.
If you already have a video in your My Media library that you wish to use in your unit, you can follow these steps to add a Kaltura Video Resource to your unit.
If you don't, you can upload a video to Kaltura and link to it from within your LEO unit at the same time:
- Navigate to your unit from within LEO and 'Turn editing on'.
- Navigate to the section within your LEO unit you would like to add the Kaltura resource to, then click on 'Add an activity or resource'.
- Click on 'Kaltura Video Resource' from the activity options provided, then click on 'Add'.
- Give your video a name and description (optional).
- Under the Video heading, click the 'Add media' button.
- In the popup window, click the 'Add new' button and select 'Media Upload':
- Click the 'Choose a file to upload' button and choose a video file from your computer to upload.
- An upload progress bar should now begin. While the file is uploading, you can edit the Name, Description and Tags for your video, as well as add Collaborators. When the video has finished uploading and you see a green confirmation message, click the 'Save and Embed' button at the top of the popup window to return to the settings page for the video resource.
- Click the 'Save and return to unit' button at the bottom of the screen to finish.
A new link to your video will now be available in your LEO unit.