LEO Content (also known as Equella) refers to ACU's learning content management system, where you may store learning materials for use in LEO.
From within LEO, as an Editing Lecturer, you will typically:
- Contribute learning content into the Equella database,
- Embed other resources from the Equella database.
Please note: EquellaCAL is no longer used for providing copyright readings to students in LEO. Under ACU’s Copyright 113P license, you can provide access to digitised copies of third-party copyright resources in your LEO unit. This usage must be managed by the Leganto reading list tool.
- Supports an extensive variety of file formats for learning resources:
- Document formats like Word, PDF, and HTML
- Image formats like JPEG, PNG, and GIF
- Multimedia formats like PowerPoint presentations, movies, and audio files
- External resources like URL links
- Automatically recognizes your role and access level via the LEO plugin
- Automatically displays the latest version of your online resources in your LEO unit
- Allows you to collaborate and share ownership of a resource with other colleagues
- Provides a text editor for simple web page creation
Equella is a web-based platform that provides one central location for the delivery of a diverse range of content for learning and teaching.
The important benefits of using Equella are:
- You can centrally manage and share resources across multiple LEO units. For example:
- If you have a document that needs to be embedded in multiple units in LEO, this document can be placed in Equella first, then added to your LEO units.
- If you need to update this document, you only need to make your edits in one place (Equella) and all the LEO units that use this resource will automatically display the latest version. This saves a lot of time as well as eliminating human error (e.g., forgetting to update said resource on one of the other LEO units).
- You may collaborate by sharing ownership and editing rights of the resources you develop with other lecturers who teach in your unit.
- You have great control in managing versions of your resources, with confidence that your LEO units will always display the one you nominate to be the latest published version.