The lecturer manually deletes the student assignment submission and the student resubmits.
||What to consider
- Lecturer deletes the student submission.
- Lecturer contacts student and requests they resubmit.
- The resubmits and informs teacher.
- Lecturer locates student new submission once originality report is generated.
- When an assignment is resubmitted, the submission date will change to the most recent submission date.
- Academics need to be aware of date change for resubmission.
- The problem could be linked to the assignment file type, formatting that are not acceptable by Turnitin. In these cases resubmitting will not fix the problem. The student would need to review and mark changes before resubmitting.
How to manually delete student submission from the Turnitin submission inbox, prior to the due date.
- Click on the Turnitin assignment in the LEO unit.
- In the Turnitin assignment submission inbox locate the student submission.
- Click on the 'trash' icon next to the students name to remove the assignment from the submission inbox.
- Once 'OK' is selected the process is immediate and the submission is removed.
- Each student submission has a unique paper id, when the delete process is complete a message will appear with confirmation.
- Notify the student when the assignment is removed.
IMPORTANT: this process will only delete the assignment from the submission inbox, it will not delete from the Turnitin database where the original file is stored. Resubmitting will replace the previous version with the new version. If the student has submitted the wrong assignment to the wrong unit, contact LEO Support for telephone or email-based LEO technical support and request the paper id is permanently deleted from the Turnitin database.