The URL tool offers a lot of flexibility in how your content will be displayed. The settings which are unique to the URL are explored in more detail below.
The options available to you in the 'Display' dropdown are:
- Automatic - The best display option for the URL will be selected automatically.
- Embed - The URL will be displayed in the page within LEO, below the navigation bar together with the URL description and any blocks.
- Open - Only the URL will be displayed in the browser window.
- In pop-up - The URL will open in a new browser window without menus or an address bar. The size of this pop-up window is determined by you.
- In frame - The URL will be displayed within a frame below the navigation bar and URL description.
- New window - The URL will be displayed in a new browser window with both menus and an address bar.
Pop-up width (in pixels)
This option is only relevant if you select 'In pop-up' from the 'Display' dropdown menu. Put a number into this field to determine the width in pixels of your pop-up window.
Pop-up height (in pixels)
This option is only relevant if you select 'In pop-up' from the 'Display' dropdown menu. Put a number into this field determine the height in pixels of your pop-up window.
Display URL description
This option is only relevant if you have entered a description for your URL. For example, in the description you may like to put a reason why you have included this URL in your LEO unit, and what you would like your students to do with the content.
The options available under the URL Variables heading are recommended for use only by advanced LEO users.