Restricting access to units is described on the Unit settings page of the LEO Guides. By default, a unit will become visible and available to students one week before the start of the semester.
Hiding and restricting access to sections is described on the Sections page of the LEO Guides.
Hiding activities and resources
- Turn editing on.
- Click the 'Edit' dropdown next the resource or activity and select 'Hide':
Restricting access to activities and resources
- Restrictions can be placed on activities by date, completion of another activity, grade, group (including campus), grouping, user, or a combination of combination of complicated restrictions using a Restriction Set. Which options are available depends on the unit settings (such as, whether there are any groups and whether completion tracking is turned on).
- Select 'Edit settings' for the activity or resource.
- Click the 'Add restriction...' button within the 'Restrict access' section of the settings page.
- Click the button for the restriction that you wish to use for the activity:
By default, restricted activities and resources appear greyed-out to students, and the reason they are unable to access the item is displayed as a message on the screen. This can be useful for students, as it guides them towards the activities they need to complete to access that particular resource.
You can hide an activity entirely, making it completely invisible to students until they meet the required conditions. This is done by clicking the 'eye' icon (indicated in the image below) for that restriction.
In the example below, a student must meet all the restrictions to see the activity:
- Achieve a grade of 50% or above for the "My Example Quiz" activity, and
- Be a member of Group 1
- Click 'Save and return to unit' on the settings page to save your changes.
NOTE: When specifying an activity status such as 'hidden' or restricted to a group of students, a highlighted tag appears directly under a link, making its status easily visible to both lecturers and students: