The model is not a fixed ratio but rather a tool to support our understanding of where the majority of learning takes place – outside of formal classrooms. The model recognises that supervisors, colleagues, coaches and mentors play important roles in the learning process, whilst the largest portion of learning takes place on the job.
The research shows that:
- 70% of the learning happens on the job from real experiences.
- 20% of the learning happens through interactions and exchanges with colleagues or others.
- 10% of the learning happens through structured classroom training, education and formal learning methods.
70:20:10 Development Toolkits
underway. For the best experience, please download and open in Adobe)
- Live ACU’s Mission, Vision and Values
- Apply Commercial Acumen
- Adapt To and Lead Change
- Deliver Stakeholder Centric Service
- Collaborate Effectively
- Communicate with Impact
- Coach & Develop
- Be Responsible and Accountable for Achieving Excellence
- Know ACU Work Processes & Systems
- Make Informed Decisions
Other 70:20:10 Development Toolkits
(under development, available in 2021)
- New Starters
- Management & Leadership