Workshop date: 2 September 2020, 9.30am - 12.30pm AEST
Is this training for you?
This program is for staff looking to develop a greater understanding of the importance of kinship and community in the everyday life of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander staff and students. This program will be particularly useful for staff who are interacting with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students, colleagues and community.
- Greater awareness of the culturally diverse nature of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Understanding how government policy and legislation has shaped contemporary culture;
- Enhance understanding of how events impact on Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- Guidance creating and supporting a culturally safe environment for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
What will I learn?
You will learn how to:
- What is cultural awareness?
- Use appropriate terminology
- Understand ACU’s Reconciliation Action Plan;
- Understand aspects of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures;
- Bust myths about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples;
- Understand shared history and history’s impact on today;
- Practice cultural protocols in the workplace.
- Adapt to and Lead Change
- Deliver Stakeholder Centric Service
- Collaborate Effectively
- Communicate with Impact
Please register via Staff Connect no later than one week prior to the workshop.
Course code: 11077
For registration enquiries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call Learning and Development, Human Resources on (02) 9465 9200.
If the date and location of the workshop advertised is not convenient for you, you can now express your interest through the expression of interest link. You will be added to the registration list and the workshop will be scheduled when we have sufficient numbers.