COMMITTEES ESTABLISHED BY ACADEMIC BOARD
Student Administrative Lifecycle and Policy Committee
· Academic Registrar (Chair)
· Provost or nominee
· Chair of Academic Board
· Executive Deans or nominees
· Pro Vice-Chancellor, Global and Education Pathways or nominee
· One academic staff member from each faculty appointed by the Executive Deans
· Chair, Courses and Academic Quality Committee
· Chair, University Research Committee or nominee
· Chair, University Learning and Teaching Committee or nominee
· Chair, Student Experience and Retention Committee or nominee
· Director, First peoples Directorate or nominee
· Two student representatives, appointed by the Director, Student Support Services
Date of establishment:
25 November 2020 (formerly the Academic Administrative Committee).
Meeting frequency: 6 meetings per year, and as required.
Meeting duration: 2 hours maximum.
Meeting format: via teleconference
· Admissions Committee
· The Committee may form working groups to assist it in its work. If such groups are formed, Academic Board is to be informed.
Quorum will be one half of members plus one.
The Student Administrative Lifecycle and Policy Committee is responsible to Academic Board for the quality and delivery of student-related policies and related areas of academic administration.
Terms of Reference:
· To develop, monitor and review a range of academic administration and student-related policies as governing authority.
· To oversee the implementation of and communications related to new and revised student-related policies, procedures and guidelines.
· To provide reports and advice to Academic Board on student and academic-related administrative matters.
· To oversee the review and implementation of the Academic Regulations. To oversee and review coursework admission policy, procedures and practices.
· To oversee and quality assure the policy, procedures and practices relating to the calendar and timetable to ensure an optimal student experience.
· To advise the University Teaching and Learning Committee, the University Research Committee and the Student Experience and Retention Committee on student-related policy matters.
· Appointed academic staff members will serve on the committee for normally two years.
· The student representative will be appointed for a term of one year.
· Only half of the appointed representatives should be changed in any one year to allow continuity.
The Committee reviews its procedures as it deems necessary and recommends amendments to Academic Board for approval.
The Committee’s Terms of Reference were last reviewed in October 2020 and approved by Academic Board on 25 November 2020.
Visit Service Central to access Corporate Services.
Make a request for services provided by Corporate Services.
Find answers to frequently asked questions 24/7.