Belong by developing a greater sense of community among staff;
Believe through activities to worship God and grow spiritually;
Become involved in activities that make a difference for those in need; and
Be supported with pastoral care for life's challenging moments.
We believe in a definition of Pastoral Care which is not just about supporting people in challenging times but also celebrating the good and joyful times.
Especially in times of challenge, grief and uncertainty, Pastoral Care is primarily about listening and then supporting, encouraging and guiding the person or group of people to take steps towards healing.
In terms of Pastoral Care, we:
- are available for discussions about things of deep meaning
- believe in being driven by the need of the person sitting before us – not our own agenda
- focus on building a supportive relationship with those who turn to us for Pastoral Care
- model mercy and compassion
- seek to help build each person’s dignity
- seek to be part of a person’s return to wholeness and wellbeing
- are a presence of the Church for people who want to discuss their questions about, or criticisms of the Church
- are openly Catholic in our faith, however, we never push our faith on those who are not willing to engage in a faith discussion
Where can you find us?
Ground Level, Burke House (113.G.08)
Hannah Scullion (Pastoral Associate - Staff & Students)
Phone: (03) 5336 5311
Level Two, Building 200 (200.2.19)
Colleen Tracey (Pastoral Associate - Staff)
Phone: (07) 3861 6075
Ground Floor, Signadou Building (302.G.11)
Maricelle Oringo (Pastoral Associate - Staff & Students)
Phone: (02) 6209 1150
Mezzanine Level, Daniel Mannix Building (403.MZ.18)
Jeremy Ambrose (Pastoral Associate - Staff)
Phone: (03) 9230 8267
Level Fourteen, Tenison Woods House (532.14.12)
Phone: (02) 9465 9361
Level One, Edmund Rice Building (600.1.03)
Phone: (02) 9701 4605