Archiving is available for all staff but please note storage space is limited.
Staff members who wish to store material in the campus archives should send a request through the Service Central Portal at https://acu.service-now.com/service_central or call 3623 7272
Please note: Archive boxes can be ordered via Tech One through our stationary supplier WINC. Staff members should keep their own records of what is to be stored and have their own numbering system for the boxes.
Once you have made a request, you will receive instructions and a spreadsheet for you to enter the following information:
- Name of Organisational Unit/ Name of Staff Member (if applicable)
- Type of Materials (list of contents should be included)
- Clients Numbering System
- Date of Materials
- Date of Destruction/Review or Permanent retention (this is most important) (refer ACU Policy on Archive)
When the boxes are ready for collection, the staff member should request removal through the Service Central Portal at https://acu.service-now.com/service_central or call 3623 7272
Retrieval of boxes from Archive
- If a staff member requires a box from archives they will need to make a request through the Service Central Portal at https://acu.service-now.com/service_central or call 3623 7272 and supply the bar code number of the box they require. Staff can also request the return of boxes to archives through Service Central.
- Review and destruction of archives will be in line with the Records and Archive Management Policy https://policies.acu.edu.au/governance/records_and_information_management/records_and_archive_management_policy
- Old archive boxes can be reused, however the previous barcode numbers must be destroyed.