There are three café outlets on Melbourne campus:
- North Café, located at the rear of the Mary Glowrey Building (Building 4290) opposite the Library entrance. This is the main cafe on campus, and serves a variety of hot and cold meals, snacks, sandwiches and beverages. The café also has a liquor licence and alcoholic beverages are available for purchase after midday each day. Proof of Age identification may be required. It is open daily all year.
Campus catering can be organised through the café; please email firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your catering needs, or order online through www.eccohospitality.foodstorm.com
- South Café, located in the front of the Mary Glowrey Building (Building 420) near Victoria Parade. This café serves wraps, sb] snacks, sandwiches and a variety of hot and cold beverages. It is open daily during semester with reduced hours during the breaks.
- Yellow Café, located on the rooftop of the Daniel Mannix Building (Building 403). This funky shipping container café serves organic and healthy options, including wraps, sandwiches, hot meals and beverages. It is open daily during semester.
For catering options, please contact Nicole David email@example.com to discuss your ordering details.
The Chapel is located on the Ground Floor of the Daniel Mannix Building. A variety of religious services for both students and staff are held in the Chapel.
Mass is celebrated daily at 12:00 noon. Students and staff are most welcome to attend Mass and the other gatherings for public prayer, and to use the Chapel for quiet prayer and reflection.
Nursing mothers and parenting room
A facility is available for parents and nursing mothers on the Ground Floor near the Campus Concierge desk.
The area provides facilities for baby changing and breastfeeding.
The room has two easy chairs, a screen for privacy, a fridge, microwave and some books and toys. A bathroom area is also available with nappy disposal.
To access this room, contact Campus Concierge on (03) 9953 3000 between 8:00am and 5:00pm.
For after hours use, contact Security (Ext. 600) from any ACU internal phone.
There are a number of telephones located on Melbourne Campus.
Payphones, including a phone with TTY facility for the hearing impaired, are normally available on the Ground Floor of 115 Victoria Parade.
These have temporarily been removed due to building works, and are expected to be reinstalled by December 2014.
There are a number of house phones located across the campus. These phones can be used to make internal phone calls to staff and to request Security/First Aid (call 600).
The following buildings have phones located near the lifts on each floor:
- 115 Victoria Parade
- Daniel Mannix Building
- 250 Victoria Parade.
The following buildings have house phones located in the lobby:
- Mercy & Christ Lecture Theatres
- Recital Room
- Visual Arts Gallery
- Drake House
- Cathedral Hall (Central Hall).
Smoke free campus
ACU values the health and wellbeing of students and staff and is committed to providing a smoke free study environment. This means smoking is not permitted anywhere within ACU buildings, grounds or controlled vehicles.
During the transition phase to smoke free status there is a temporary designated smoking area on Melbourne campus, located behind the Mary Glowrey Building, adjacent to the Library.
Kitchen and staff lounge
Properties and Facilities provides services to the following kitchens:
- 115 Victoria Parade: Basement, Ground, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, & Level 5
- 250 Victoria Parade: Level 1 (Education x 2, Library Acquisitions), Level 4, Level 5, Level 7 (x2), & Level 8 (Provost, Staff Room, Faculty of Health Sciences)
- Daniel Mannix Building: Mezzanine (Campus Ministry), Level 1, Level 2, Level 4, & Level 5
- Modular Buildings: Level 1
- Cathedral Hall: Level 1 & Level 2
- 32 Brunswick Street: Level 1
- 34-36 Brunswick Street: Ground, Level 1, & Level 2
- 49 Brunswick Street: Level 1
- 174 Victoria Parade: Level 3 & Level 2
- 486 Albert Street: Level 4 & Level 7.
Properties and Facilities provides the following supplies on a regular basis:
- Full cream milk
- Skim milk
- Instant coffee
- Instant decaffeinated coffee
- Dishwashing liquid
- Dishwasher tablets (where applicable)
- Disposable stirrers
If a supply runs out, please make a request detailing what is needed and where, via Service Central at staff.acu.edu.au/servicecentral or by phoning (07) 3623 727.
Cleaning & maintenance
Staff members are responsible for cleaning and putting away their dishes on a daily basis. The kitchens are cleaned each evening. Items left out may be thrown out.
Refrigerators are cleaned out at the end of each month – food which is deemed to be spoiled or abandoned will be thrown out.
Refrigerators, dishwashers and microwaves are serviced regularly. If there is a fault with a kitchen appliance, please make a service request via Service Central at staff.acu.edu.au/servicecentral or by phoning (07) 3623 727.
Please consider others and cover your food while using the microwave. This will prevent unnecessary mess and cleaning for others.
Crockery and cutlery
Staff kitchens are supplied with crockery and cutlery every 5 years.