Kaltura Capture can sometimes fail to correctly upload a video made using the software to My Media in LEO, resulting in the video being lost and irretrievable.
After recording a video using the Kaltura Capture software, users are able to save and upload their video to My Media. In some cases, due to issues with the media server or with the client's internet connection, the upload does not complete, or does not complete processing after upload has finished.
There is currently no function available in the Kaltura Capture software to re-upload a video that fails to upload and process correctly. Kaltura developers are working on adding the function back into the software, however it is not available as yet.
Users may experience a loss of data and time spent creating media if they are impacted by this issue.
Alternatives and Workarounds
- Files created in Kaltura Capture are saved locally on your computer, and can be retrieved manually and uploaded using the Add New > Media Upload function in My Media. The folder containing local versions of recordings can be located here:
- On Windows: C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Kaltura\Capture\Bin
- On Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Kaltura/Capture/recordings
- Echo360 Universal Capture is another free application that can be used to make screen and webcam recordings
- Uploading videos files to Kaltura that have been created in another program using the Add New > Media Upload option is still possible.
Status of fix for this issue