ACU ran a competitive tender process in 2021 to select a new LMS to replace Moodle, the LMS that underpins LEO. That tender was run so that ACU could provide a contemporary LMS that supported developing pedagogies at ACU and the possibility of new product lines, such as microcredentials. Canvas was found to be the most suitable LMS through that tender process. Our current LMS is over 10 years old and is not meeting the demands of its users, especially around mobile technology.
Canvas comes with a range of new benefits:
- An interface designed to be intuitive and straightforward, making it easy to find information and complete tasks quickly.
- A mobile app for iOS and Android devices, allowing access to course materials and collaboration on-the-go.
- Integration with a wide range of tools and applications, such as Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams, Echo360, and much more.
- 24/7 customer support for users to get the help they need when they need it.
- Advanced analytics and reporting features, enabling staff to make data-driven decisions to review and support student learning.