Clicking on your name at the top of any LEO page brings up a menu with options to personalise LEO for you.
In Personal settings select the 'Profile' option from the menu.
Add an image to your Profile. This helps lecturers and fellow student identify who you are when posting to a forum or providing feedback to an assignment submission.
Under 'Profile' select 'Edit profile'.
Under 'User picture' it is possible to upload a profile picture of yourself. The profile picture will be available to lecturers and fellow students enrolled in your unit. It will also be visible during some activities; when you post in a Forum for example.
Having a profile picture is useful as it helps to put a human face to who you are, particularly if you are in a large unit where your lecturer/s can quickly associate 'important' posts in the Forums or assessment task submissions. I would also encourage students to upload their own profile pictures.
To upload a picture, drag a picture file into the box provided, or click on the 'plus' icon to browse for a file on your computer.
In LEO, from the 'Preferences' page, select 'Notification preferences':
There are options to set how your receive notifications for each activity in LEO i.e.
- On or Off for Web – there are two options 'Online' and Offline'. If 'On' is selected under Web and 'Online', notifications will be visible to you when you are connected to the internet and accessing the Web.
- On or Off for Email – If 'On' is selected this will enable email copies of notifications to be sent to your myacu email
Take some time to look at your notification preferences. It is best to keep these at their default settings as lecturers may send important messages via announcements and forums or notify you of submission, feedback and grades.
To find out more go to the 'Preferences' page and select 'Notification Preferences'.
Whenever certain actions occur LEO may send you a notification, either in the form of an email or a alert under your personal profile
Some of the actions that might generate a notification include:
- Another LEO user sends a message to you through LEO
- Someone posts in a Forum that you are following
- Receiving a digital receipt when successfully submitting a Turnitin Assignment