Create a new meeting and customise your settings
- Navigate to https://webconf.acu.edu.au in your web browser and login using your ACU details.
- Click the 'Meetings' link in the main navigation bar:
- You should be taken to a folder with your username. Click the 'New Meeting' button in the sub-menu:
- On the New Meeting Information page, enter the details of your meeting:
- Name: give your meeting room a short, descriptive name.
- Custom URL: you can customise the web link to your room. Only use only lowercase characters. Don’t use any spaces and keep the URL as short as practical.
- Summary: this can provide users with some information about the room, if you wish.
- Start time and Duration: these time and date settings have no effect on your ability to access the meeting room and do not need to be set here.
- Template: determines the default layout of the meeting room.
- Access: determine who can access the room. Note that setting this to 'Anyone who has the URL for the meeting can enter the room' will mean that the host does not have to allow users into the room during a presentation.
- Click the 'Next' button to continue to the Participants selection screen, or 'Finish' if you don't need to add any specific users as Participants or Hosts to the room.
If you have a meeting that doesn’t allow guests, or you need additional meeting hosts, you need to add your participants to the users list on this screen. All possible users are available to search on the left, and your list of meeting room participants is on the right.
- Search for a user using the 'Available Users and Groups' search box.
- Click the user's Name, then click the 'Add' button:
- All users are added as Participants by default. You can modify this by selecting the user from the list, and choosing a Role from the dropdown box above the list:
Note: you can change a user's role any time during an Adobe Connect meeting.
- Click the 'Next' button when you’ve finished adding your participants, or 'Finish' if you don't want to send invitations.
The use of this function is usually not recommended. Invitations sent via email often end up being flagged as spam and are unread by users. You do not need to send invitations to allow people access to the room.
- To not send invitations, check the box for 'Do not send invitations', then click the 'Finish' button.
- To send invitations, modify any of the default information provided, then click the 'Finish' button.
You will then be taken to the Meeting Information page for your new meeting room, which is where you can access the web link to provide to users, and access recordings and other functions, through the menu above the list of details:
Meeting Room web address
You can get the web address (URL) of the meeting room on this details page by copying the link on the 'URL' row of the meeting details:
You can then add this address as a link in your LEO unit or send it via email, which participants can click to open the meeting room at any time.