After you create an Adobe Connect activity in your unit, you will need to make meeting rooms.
There are three different categories of meetings you can make:
- Course Meetings - intended for online lectures, tutorials and other live or recorded learning events
- Office Hours - if you would like to make yourself available online for students to drop in during certain times
- Study Groups - where students can get together online independent of the lecturer.
Meeting rooms you create in your LEO unit will be accessible for as long as your unit exists in LEO. However, the External Tool activity and any meeting rooms you've made will not be duplicated when you roll over your unit - you will have to make a new External Tool and your meeting rooms again. For this reason, you should keep your meeting room setup simple and easy to reproduce.
How to create a new meeting room
- Click the Adobe Connect External Tool activity you created in your LEO unit to open it.
- Click the 'Add Meeting' button for the type of meeting room you would like to create:
- Add your basic meeting information:
- Give the meeting room a Name. You should try to include the unit code, year, semester and campus in the name (meeting room names in Adobe Connect must be unique).
- Click the 'Select Template' dropdown box and choose a template if you wish (the Default Meeting Template is fine to start with - any meeting room layout can be modified to suit your purposes).
- Click the 'Save' button to finish and return to the meeting list.
You and your students can now join this meeting at any time by clicking the 'Join' button for that meeting.
About the Optional settings
In the image above, you will see a link titled 'Optional' just below the Name and Template settings. Click this link to expand some additional settings that you can make to your meeting:
- Custom URL: you can customise the web address for the meeting room when you first create it by typing in an address in the field here (it cannot be changed later).
- Copy URL: you can copy the direct web address of this meeting room by clicking the 'Copy' button (indicated in the image above).
- Start Time: you can set the date and time that the meeting will be happening (Note: this is purely informational as any meeting room may be accessed at any time regardless of start time or duration).
- Duration: Set how long the meeting is intended to go for.
- Access: determine how users can enter the room:
- "Only registered users" - logged-in users in this unit can access this meeting room (no guests).
- "Registered users and accepted guests" - logged-in users can log in and guests may also be accepted by the meeting host (recommended for online teaching).
- "Anyone who has the URL for the meeting" - all users may enter this room at any time (recommended for live webinars).
How to edit your meeting settings
- From the meeting list, click the 'Cog' icon for that meeting and select 'Edit':
- You will be returned to the Meeting Information page, where you may modify your meeting room settings.
- Click the 'Save' button to finish and save your settings.
How to join a meeting room
In the Adobe Connect activity, all users can open the meeting room by clicking the 'Join' button: