Send a message
You can send a message to participants in a unit, to either a single group only, or to the whole cohort, from inside your LEO unit.
- Navigate to your unit in LEO.
- Under the Navigation menu, under the name of your unit, click the 'Participants' link.
The Participants page shows a list of all enrolled users (there may be several pages of users if it is a large cohort). By default, this screen will only show 20 users at a time. If you wish select all participants to message, you must first Show All users:
- Scroll down to the bottom of the participants list.
- Click the Show all x button:
The page will update and show all participants on a single page.
Filter the list of participants
You can filter the list of participants if you wish to send a message to only a specific group or role. For example, if you wanted to only select those enrolled in Tutorial Group 1:
- Click the 'Search keyword or select filter' dropdown box at the top of the screen.
- Choose the name of the group, such as Tutorial Group 1:
- You will now see the filter applied:
- You can remove this filter by clicking the 'x' icon next to the name of the filter you've applied, or add another filter if you wish. For example, you may wish to only select Students in this group. From the 'Select Filter' dropdown, choose 'Role: Student':
- Click the "Show All" link to show all participants that match these filters:
Select participants and send a message
Each participant in the list will now have a checkbox to the left of their name, allowing you to select individual ones, if you wish:
- Select all users by clicking the 'Select all users' button at the bottom of the page:
- At the bottom of the page, under the 'With selected users..." dropdown box, select 'Send a message':
- In the popup window that appears, enter your message text, then click the "Send message to" button:
Your message will be instantly sent to all chosen participants.