You are able to upload a lot of the same grade into the Gradebook, in an action that is known as a 'Bulk insert'. You are able to insert the same grade to all students, or to upload one grade to all of the rows in the column that don't have a grade already entered. This is useful for if you want to award a zero grade to all of the non-submissions.
To perform a bulk insert of grades for an Assignment activity you need to:
- Locate the column for your Assignment activity from within the Grader report.
- Click on the pencil icon to the right of the Assignment title at the top of the column. This will take you to the 'single view' of the Grader page of the Assignment activity.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, below the grader report. Put a check in the 'Perform bulk insert' checkbox.
- Make your selection from the dropdown menu next to 'For'. Your options are for 'All grades' or for 'empty grades'.
- Insert a number into the 'Insert value' field.
- Click 'Save', then in the next window click 'Continue'.
The column representing this activity in your Gradebook has been updated with your newly inserted grades.