The File resource offers a lot of flexibility in how your content will be displayed. The settings which are unique to the File are explored in more detail below.
The options available to you in the 'Display' dropdown are:
- Automatic - The best display option for the File will be selected automatically.
- Embed - The File will be displayed in the page within LEO, below the navigation bar together with the File description.
- New window - The File will be displayed in a new browser window with both menus and an address bar.
- Force download - When the link is clicked on, the File will automatically download onto the computer or device the student is using.
- Open - The File will be displayed in the browser window.
In pop-up - The File will open in a new browser window without menus or an address bar. The size of this pop-up window is determined by you.
Pop-up width (in pixels)
This option is only relevant if you select 'In pop-up' from the 'Display' dropdown menu. Put a number into this field to determine the width in pixels of your pop-up window.
Pop-up height (in pixels)
This option is only relevant if you select 'In pop-up' from the 'Display' dropdown menu. Put a number into this field determine the height in pixels of your pop-up window.
Display resource description
This option is only relevant if you have entered a description for your File. For example, in the description you may like to put a reason why you have included this File in your LEO unit, and what you would like your students to do with the content.
Use filters on File content
If you wish to embed a File such as an MP3 to your LEO unit, then select "all files" or "HTML files only", from this dropdown menu. Note: this setting may cause problems for some Flash and Java applets. This setting is for Advanced LEO users only.