The Collaboration feature in Kaltura lets you share a resource with another LEO user. In My Media, you can make someone a collaborator or owner of a particular resource.
- Assigning a new collaborator allows another user to edit and copy the resource.
- Assigning a new owner to a resource means giving the resource permanently to someone else.
Note: a user must be the owner of the content to be able to download a Kaltura video (not just a collaborator).
To assign a new owner or collaborator:
- Go to the Navigation Pane and select Dashboard > My Media.
- On the My Media page, select find click the 'Edit' button (pencil icon) for the resource you wish to share.
- On the Edit page for the chosen resource, below the media preview, click the 'Collaboration' tab:
Add a collaborator
As the media owner, you can add and remove collaborators:
- Click the 'Add Collaborator' button.
- Find the user you wish to add by username or student ID. Start typing into the 'Enter user name' field and choose the correct user from the suggestions dropdown list that appears.
- Tick the boxes for the permissions you wish to grant the user:
- Co-Editor: allows the user edit the existing media (and save new versions).
- Co-Publisher: allows the user to publish the media to units.
- Co-Viewer: allows the user to view the media in their My Media.
- Click the 'Add' button. You will then return to the media page, where the user will be added to a list of collaborators under the Media Collaborators heading:
- Edit the user's collaboration permissions by clicking the 'Pencil' icon.
- Remove the user as a collaborator by clicking the 'Cross' icon.
Change media owner
Note: transferring ownership to another user will make the media no longer accessible to you in your My Media library.
- Click the 'Change media owner' button.
- Find the user you wish to add by username or student ID. Start typing into the name field and choose the correct user from the suggestions that appear:
- Click the 'Save' button.
The video will now appear in the selected user's My Media library, but will no longer appear in your own.