The quiz activity in LEO allows you to modify the ways in which an individual or group of students are able to access and complete a quiz activity with a User Override or Group Override. These modifiers may include:
- When they can access the quiz
- When the quiz closes (and is no longer accessible to students)
- How long they have to complete the quiz.
To learn more about advanced quiz settings, please see our LEO Guide: How to set up a quiz activity.
Important: do NOT apply overrides while a quiz is being actively used by students, as this can cause session timeouts and excessive load on the LEO servers.
How to add a user override
Click on the quiz activity your LEO unit.
In the Quiz Administration menu click User overrides:
Click the Add user override button.
Select the student who you want to add the override for. Begin typing their name into the Search box and click their name when it appears in the list:
The student's name will appear as a blue tag above the search box when selected.
- You may now modify the settings for the quiz you wish to override the chosen student, including the open and close dates, required password, time limit and attempts options (see Other settings section below for more information).
- Click the Save button to save your new user override.
You are able to reverse any of these settings at any time by clicking the Revert to quiz defaults button.
How to add a group override
You may have a group of students who require the same changes or considerations given to them for a particular quiz. For example, you may have a group of students you wish to grant additional time to complete the quiz, or wish to grant them the ability to complete the quiz after the due date has already passed. If you have a group of students who meet the same criteria, you can use a Group override.
Before you are able to grant a Group override to your set of students, you will need to add them to a Group. To learn more, please read LEO Guides: Groups and Groupings
To add a Group override to a quiz you will need to:
- Click on the quiz activity in your LEO unit.
- In the Quiz Administration menu click the Group overrides link:
- Click the Add group override button (if there are no available groups in your unit, you will get an error).
- Select the group you wish to apply the override to from the Override group dropdown box.
- You may now modify the settings for the quiz you wish to override for all students in this group, including the open and close dates, required password, time limit and attempts options (see Other settings section below for more information).
- Click the Save button to save your new group override.
Members of this group will now have these modified settings applied, with the other students enrolled in your LEO unit unaffected by them.