The URL tool offers some flexibility as to how your links will be displayed. The settings which are unique to the URL are explored in more detail below.
Display URL description
This option is only relevant if you have entered a description for your URL. For example, in the description you may like to put a reason why you have included this URL in your LEO unit, and what you would like your students to do with the content.
By default, new URL links in LEO units will open in a new browser tab or window when users click them. It is strongly recommended that this setting not be changed, as the default New window option is the most useful when dealing with various browsers and devices.
The Display option under the Appearance setting section allows you to change the behaviour of how the URL link opens. The options available are:
- Automatic - The best display option for the URL will be selected automatically.
- Embed - The URL will be displayed in the page within LEO, below the navigation bar together with the URL description and any blocks.
- New window - default option. The URL will be displayed in a new browser window with both menus and an address bar.
- Open - Only the URL will be displayed in the browser window.
- In pop-up - The URL will open in a new browser window without menus or an address bar. The size of this pop-up window is determined by the size settings that appear when this option is selected.
The options available under the URL Variables heading are recommended for use only by advanced LEO users.