Zoom recordings can be saved locally (to the computer you're using) or in the Cloud (online storage).
If you are logged in as an ACU user, cloud recordings should also be automatically uploaded to your My Content section in Echo360.
Cloud recordings may be downloaded to your computer from Echo360 or through the Zoom app.
How to access your list of recordings in Zoom
- Open the Zoom application on your computer (if you do not have it, download the Zoom Client for Meetings from the Zoom website)
- If prompted, sign into your account.
- Click the Meetings button, then click the Recorded button:
This will list your meeting recordings on the left, which includes all your recordings saved both locally and to the cloud.
How to download cloud recordings
From the Zoom desktop application:
- If a recording in your list is a cloud recording, it will only show a blue Open button. Click this button to open the recording details in your web browser:
- Each cloud recording can be downloaded with the video and audio (the Shared screen with speaker view option) or as an audio file (the Audio only option). Roll over the list of options and click the Download button:
- Save the file to your computer when prompted.
Note: you can download both versions at the same time by clicking the Download (2 files) button under the recording name. You can also get a link to watch the recording online by clicking the Copy shareable link button.
To download from Echo360:
- Log into Echo360.org.au with your ACU username and password
- Click the My Content tab in the left menu
- Find the video you want to download, hover over the preview image, and click the blue dots icon when it appears.
- From the menu that appears, click the More Actions button, then click the Download button.
- Follow the prompts to save your recording to your computer.
How to open locally saved Zoom recordings
If a recording in your list has been saved locally:
- Click the name of the recording to see additional options:
- Play: this will open the full video and audio recording of the meeting
- Play Audio Only: this will open just the audio version of your recording
- Delete: this button allows you to permanently remove the recording.
- To view the folder where the recording is saved on your computer, click the Open button. This will open the folder, in which you should see selection of files:
- The zoom_0 file is the full video and audio version of your recording
- The audio_only file is the audio version of your recording
- The chat file is a text document containing the chat log for this recording
How to access cloud recordings in the web browser
- In your web browser, navigate to ACU.Zoom.us and sign in
- Click the Recordings link in the left menu:
- From the list of recordings, click the name of the recording you wish to access:
- With your cloud recordings, you have a few options:
- Download the video and audio version (the Shared screen with speaker view option) or the audio version (the Audio only option). Roll over the list of options and click the Download button and save the file when prompted:
- Download both versions at the same time by clicking the Download (2 files) button under the recording name
- Get a link to watch the recording online by clicking the Copy shareable link button.