You may be uncomfortable or even scared to approach someone for help if you have experienced or observed unwanted behaviour.  We understand this and have created a network of Discrimination and Harassment Advisers (PDF, 96 KB) who are available to talk though the issues confidentially and guide you in the right direction.

What can you do if you have a concern?

  • Deal with the matter individually if you feel comfortable doing so
  • Contact a Discrimination and Harassment Adviser (PDF, 96 KB)
  • Speak to your supervisor (or their manager)
  • Seek advice and support from Human Resources
  • Speak with a union representative
  • Make a formal complaint using the University’s Complaint Management process
  • Lodge a complaint with the relevant state Equal Opportunity or Anti-Discrimination Commission or the Federal Human Rights Commission

Don't forget, free confidential support and counselling is available through the University’s Employee Assistance Program provider Access EAP.

Resources for Managers

A Guide has been developed to assist managers and supervisors at ACU.

Read the guide (PDF, 184 KB)

Managers, team leaders and supervisors who are dealing with complex and emotional people management issues also have access to a specialised service provided by Access EAP called Manager Support. This service is provided by senior Access EAP counsellors through telephone or face-to-face consultations - and can assist with situations that involve concerns with workplace communication and behaviour.

Resources to assist staff dealing with student reports of sexual assault or sexual harassment

Page last updated on 01/04/2020

Service Central

Visit Service Central to access Corporate Services.

Other service contacts

Learning and Teaching
Request Something

Make a request for services provided by Corporate Services.

Request something
Knowledge base

Find answers to frequently asked questions 24/7.

See Knowledge Base