Terms of Reference
- To consider proposals for new courses to be offered at Australian Catholic University
- To monitor academic standards relevant to all courses offered at the University
- To oversee the implementation of the quality assurance processes for all aspects of teaching and learning within the University
- To propose guidelines for and monitor course reviews and revisions conducted by the Faculties
- Deputy Chair of Academic Board (Chair)
- Chair, Academic Board or nominee
- Executive Deans or nominees
- One academic staff member from each faculty nominated by the ExecutiveDeans
- Two student representatives to be nominated by Director, Office of Student Success
- Pro Vice-Chancellor, Global and Education Pathways or nominee
- Vice President or nominee
- Academic Registrar or nominee
- Director, Learning and Teaching Centre
- Director, First Peoples and Equity Pathways or nominee
Representatives will be appointed for two years, except for the student representative who will be appointed for a term of one year. Only half the elected representatives or nominees should be changed in any one year to allow continuity.
Schedule of Meetings
- Minimum of 6 times a year and as required
- The Committee may form sub-committees or working parties to assist it in its work. If such committees are formed, Academic Board is to be informed.
- The Committee has the power to approve motions by Flying Minute.
The Committee reviews its procedures as it deems necessary and recommends accordingly to Academic Board. Academic Board last reviewed the Terms of Reference and membership in February 2020
Responsible Officer: Deputy Chair, Academic Board
Executive Officer: Executive Officer, Chair of Academic Board