The Translate4Impact (T4I) scheme is designed to support the University’s Research and Enterprise strategy of achieving sustainable research excellence. This competitively assessed initiative seeks to provide support to ACU researchers in maximising the impact of their research. The goal of the T4I Grant Scheme is to translate research findings into meaningful impact for end-users. This scheme does not fund ‘discovery’ research, but rather implementation or translation research – aimed at embedding research findings in policy and practice.
Funding is offered across two streams:
1. Translate4Impact (T4I) Grants
The T4I Grant stream (T4I Pilot Grants and T4I Change Grants) seeks to translate research findings into meaningful impact for end-users. This scheme supports implementation or translation research aimed at embedding research findings in policy and practice:
- T4I Pilot Grants (Up to $10,000): funding for proof-of-concept pilot or seed projects over a 6-month period.
- T4I Change Grants (Up to $100,000): funding for more complex or embedded projects over a 12- to 18-month period.
2. Translate4Impact (T4I) Boosters
The T4I Booster stream seeks to provide directed support for the translation of research findings into meaningful impact for end-users, including opportunities for engaging ECRs and students with end-users:
- T4I Resource Production (Up to $7,000): funding for the translation of end-user relevant research (i.e., research findings with a high potential for impact) into end-user friendly formats – such as brochures, posters, fact sheets or videos.
- T4I Event Support (Up to $3,000): funding for events (e.g. catering, event activities and end-user communications) undertaken with the purpose of sharing research findings with a high potential for impact with end-users.
- T4I Winter/Summer Scholarships ($4,000): funding for high-performing undergraduate students to experience research in a high-performing research team, with a focus on research impact. The duration of the scholarship is eight weeks, with a tax-free stipend of $4,000.
- T4I PhD Scholarships: funding for high-quality quality PhD candidates to research impact projects in ACU’s areas of research strength. Theses must have a clear impact focus and the candidate must have a demonstrated commitment to research impact.
Please see the guidelines on eligibility and applying via Orion. Staff are encouraged to contact email@example.com to discuss their application.
Applications are due for Grants – Pilot and Change COB Friday, 9 September 2022. Applications for Boosters are open (no closing date).