EOIs open for community-initiated research projects

The Stakeholder Engaged Scholarship Unit (SESU) is now taking expressions of interest for research projects from organisations working in areas central to ACU’s mission and ethos.

SESU Advisory Group chair Professor Br David Hall fms said any organisation working in areas that align with ACU’s mission should consider becoming a research partner.

“ACU is committed to collaborating with organisations that support people who experience disadvantage or marginalisation through the provision of academic experts and researchers who can explore and solve real-world problems that are important to their area of service,” Br Hall said.

SESU projects produce impacts that lead to better outcomes for communities experiencing disadvantage and the organisations that are supporting them. This is certainly true for a collaborative research partnership between ACU and two of Victoria’s most active social service agencies – Catholic Social Services Victoria and St Mary’s House of Welcome.

The project was made possible through the SESU and is being led by Dr Tom Barnes from ACU’s Institute for Humanities and Social Sciences and Dr Scott Doidge from ACU Engagement. In March, the project will deliver much-needed findings about the impact of the pandemic on people who access social services, as well social service providers.

Catholic Social Services Victoria Executive Director Joshua Lourensz said: “The ability to access experienced, ethical, and engaged researchers from ACU means we as the peak body for Catholic social service agencies in Victoria have a better chance of advocating for real change in our communities.”

Organisations can submit their expressions of interest to the SESU by 14 March 2022.

Please share this opportunity with your community and industry partners.

Read more about the SESU and how to submit an expression of interest,  or send questions to sesu@acu.edu.au.

The following slideshow controls change the content above and below. Information is displayed below the controls while video content plays above the video controls.

Service Central

Visit Service Central to access Corporate Services.

Other service contacts

Learning and Teaching
Request Something

Make a request for services provided by Corporate Services.

Request something
Knowledge base

Find answers to frequently asked questions 24/7.

See Knowledge Base