Improvements continue to be made to current processes and the comprehensive use of Staff Connect since our last update on changes to the Performance Review and Planning Process.
The Progress Plan has been refined as a result of pilot feedback, and nominees and participants will be updated of the enhancements made to the Progress Plan.
How is the Progress Plan different?
The Progress Plan is a significant shift away from the current Performance Review and Planning (PRP) paper-based process and takes into consideration feedback relating to the current PRP process received through interactions with staff and supervisors, myVoice surveys and HR Service feedback.
The key changes include:
- A movement away from the PRP windows – and the perception of a ‘once a year’ process.
- The Progress Plan is continuous and remains with the staff member throughout their employment at ACU – it’s the staff member’s form and the supervisor can see into the plan and post feedback in relation to development and progress.
- At the anniversary date, a snapshot (a point in time capture) of the staff member’s contribution, performance and development is taken to include in the staff member’s employment record and is viewable to the staff member. A new plan then commences and all work that is in progress prior to the snapshot is rolled over into the new plan.
- The Progress Plan is dynamic and accommodating of any change in a staff member’s employment such as a new role – the Progress Plan snapshots the current version and enables a new plan.
- The ACU Academic Performance Matrices and Evidence (APME) and Capability Development Framework (CDF), provide the framework for assisting and promoting staff development.
- There won’t be an ‘overall rating’. Each staff member’s contribution and development will be considered in the context of the organisational outcomes, their Position Description, and the APMEs and CDF.
- The Progress Plan is just a tool – not the outcome. The outcome is an ongoing two-way feedback and development conversation between a staff member and their supervisor in the ACU context. The Progress Plan assists with the capture of the outcomes of those conversations.
- Professional Development is identified to enable ease of registration.
When will the change occur?
All continuing and fixed-term Academic and Professional staff will be transitioned to the Progress Plan in early 2021. The Progress Plan for new staff will commence at the time of their appointment and will continue with the staff member throughout the duration of their employment with ACU.
The introduction of the Progress Plan will be supported by further updates, Knowledge Articles (FAQs), updated policies and procedures, and information sessions for both staff and supervisors.
Further information regarding the rollout will be shared over the coming weeks.
The best way to keep informed is by joining Workplace groups Staff Connect Updates and Human Resources Updates.